The APWA NC Stormwater Management Division provides educational and networking opportunities for both current and prospective members. The APWA promotes professional excellence through education, advocacy and the exchange of knowledge. The Stormwater Management Division strives to be the primary resource for education and knowledge exchange through the advocacy of progressive stormwater management, innovative technology and sustainable practices.
The purpose of the APWA NC Stormwater Management Division is to promote progressive stormwater management. Our objectives are to provide educational and networking opportunities for members and prospective members. The APWA promotes professional excellence through education, advocacy, and the exchange of knowledge. We, as the Stormwater Management Division, want to be the primary resource for education and knowledge exchange.
The Stormwater Management Division:
- Hosts one to two one-day educational workshops per year.
- The Stormwater Management Division Board is now accepting nominees from the North Carolina stormwater community for the H. Rooney Malcom Professional of the Year Award for individuals who stand out among their peers for exceptional leadership, innovation, agency service, customer service, community service, and contribution to their profession related to the stormwater field. Please click here for the application instructions and more information. Deadline to submit a nomination is July 14, 2023.
- The APWA-NC Stormwater Project of the Year Award aims to promote excellence in the implementation of stormwater projects in North Carolina by recognizing the alliances between project owners, consultants, suppliers, and contractors that result in successful stormwater management improvement projects. Please click here for the application instructions and more information. Deadline to submit a nomination is July 14, 2023.
- Hosts the annual APWA-NC Stormwater Management Division Conference
- Hosts several Stormwater in the Cloud Webinars. Click here for presentation files.
Division Board Members:
|Daniel Colavito||Town of Holly Springs||President|
|Tom Murray||WK Dickson||President-Elect|
|Jon Aldridge||McAdams||Vice President|
|Christina Vanderzee||City of High Point||Treasurer (Retired)|
|Robert V. Hopper III||CDM Smith||Secretary|
|Stephanie Hanses||Brown and Caldwell||Director (’22-’23)|
|Heather Freeman||City of Concord||Director (’22-’23)|
|Matt Gustis||City of Charlotte||Director (’22-’23)|
|McKenzie Myers||Durham County||Director (’22-’23)|
|Carrie Mitchell||Town of Wake Forest||Director (’23-’24)|
|Kelsie Burgess||City of High Point, Stormwater||Director (’21-’24)|
|Everett Gupton||WSP||Past President|